How do you use nasal miacalcic 200?
How should I use Miacalcin?
- Blow your nose gently.
- Pump the spray unit firmly to spray the medicine into your nostril.
- Do not blow your nose for at least a few minutes after using the nasal spray.
- If the spray gets in your eyes or mouth or on your skin, rinse with water.
What is calcitonin nasal spray for?
Calcitonin nasal spray is used together with calcium and vitamin D to treat bone loss in women with postmenopausal osteoporosis who have been postmenopause for at least 5 years. This product is available in the following dosage forms: Spray.
What are the side effects of calcitonin salmon nasal spray?
Calcitonin salmon may cause side effects. Tell your doctor if any of these symptoms are severe or do not go away:
- runny nose.
- sinus pain.
- nose symptoms such as crusts, dryness, redness, or swelling.
- back pain.
- joint pain.
- upset stomach.
- flushing (feeling of warmth)
Does calcitonin nasal spray need to be refrigerated?
Store the unopened bottle in the refrigerator. Do not freeze. You may store the opened bottle in an upright position at room temperature, away from heat and direct light. An opened bottle of Miacalcin® can be stored for up to 35 days, and an opened bottle of Fortical® can be stored for up to 30 days.
How do you take miacalcin?
Typical dosing for calcitonin (Miacalcin) Nasal spray: Give 1 spray (200 units) in one nostril per day. Switch which nostril you use every day. Injection: Paget’s and Osteoporosis: Inject 100 units (0.5 mL) per day either under the skin or into the muscle.
What is Miacalcin spray?
Miacalcin nasal spray is a calcitonin, indicated for the treatment of. postmenopausal osteoporosis in women greater than 5 years postmenopause. when alternative treatments are not suitable.
Can a pharmacist prescribe miacalcic 200 IU nasal spray solution?
No further Miacalcic 200 IU Nasal Spray Solution should be dispensed. Pharmacists should refer patients with new or repeat prescriptions to the treating physician to review their treatment plan on a non-urgent basis.
What is miacalcic 200 IU?
Miacalcic 200 IU is a nasal spray, solution (nasal spray). your country. Camberley, Surrey GU16 7SR, England. Always consult your healthcare provider to ensure the information displayed on this page applies to your personal circumstances.
How much Miacalcin Nasal Spray should I take?
The recommended dose of Miacalcin Nasal Spray is 1 spray (200 International Units) per day administered intranasally, alternating nostrils daily. Unopened Miacalcin Nasal Spray should be stored in the refrigerator.
What is miacalcic nasal spray (calcitonin)?
1. What Miacalcic nasal spray is and what it is calcitonin (salmon, synthetic). both humans and animals. It regulates the level of calcium in the blood. Calcitonin is used to reverse bone loss and may also help in bone formation. risk of spinal fractures. 2. What you need to know before you use (hypocalcaemia). synthetic).