What should I bring to my first Hpde?
For the driver, first and foremost, bring lots of water. Racetracks are hot places during the summer and driver hydration is critical. It’s also good to bring nutritious snacks like nuts, beef jerky and fresh fruits and vegetables to help keep you going throughout the day. Driving in HPDE takes a lot out of you.
Do you need a roll cage for track days?
No, your car does not have to have a roll cage to be used on track. Your car needs to be in a good state of repair and should be fitted with a towing eye or equipped with a suitable bracket for easy recovery. Your car must be fitted with seat belts – 4 or 5 point harnesses are mandatory for race prepared vehicles.
How do I start going to the track?
A six-step primer for track-day newbies….How To: Go to a Track Day
- STEP 1: FIND IT. First, locate a nearby or interesting road course and go to that track’s website.
- STEP 2: GEAR UP.
- STEP 3: DETERMINE FITNESS.
- STEP 4: BE PUNCTUAL.
- STEP 5: WEAR YOUR RUBBERS CAREFULLY.
- STEP 6: STAY FULL.
What makes a track good for overtaking?
DRS or, in full, Drag Reduction System does precisely as its name suggests it does; it reduces drag. This is beneficial for overtaking because less drag = more speed, and being faster than the car in front of you allows you to overtake them.
What do you wear to a track day?
As for you, just be sure your arms and legs are covered – a long sleeve t-shirt and jeans will be fine – but this is often a mandatory rule on most tracks. You will also need to wear a helmet which complies with governing body technical /safety regulations.
Are convertibles allowed on the track?
10) Can I bring a convertible to the track? Yes and no. While many modern convertibles are allowed, there are some notable exceptions. A Miata is one car that does require the addition of an aftermarket rollbar .
Which Formula 1 track is best?
The Top 10 Grand Prix Circuits Every Formula 1 Fan Should See
- Monaco Street Circuit, Monaco Grand Prix. The jewel in Formula 1’s crown.
- Marina Bay, Singapore Grand Prix.
- Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Italian Grand Prix.
- Circuit of the Americas, US Grand Prix.
- Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.