How do I make a globe in SolidWorks?
Creating a Solid Sphere
- Create a new sketch.
- Draw a circle with a line intersecting it directly through the centre point.
- Trim one side of the circle away, leaving the central sketch line as solid.
- Create a Revolve Boss/Base.
- Direction Angle should be set to 360°
- Accept the feature.
How do you make a mesh pattern in SolidWorks?
Creating a mesh is easy in SOLIDWORKS Simulation. To get started, right click on the mesh icon in the Simulation Tree and click Create Mesh. This will open the mesh interface. Think of meshing in SOLIDWORKS Simulation as having two levels: Level 1 we’ll call Quick Mesh and Level 2 is Advanced Mesh.
How do you fill a pattern in SolidWorks?
To create a fill pattern, click Fill Pattern (Features toolbar) or Insert > Pattern/Mirror > Fill Pattern, set the PropertyManager options, and click . Parameters control the pattern layout. You can create a sheet metal perforation-style pattern, or a pattern of concentric shapes typically used to enhance aesthetics.
How do you make a linear pattern in SolidWorks?
To create a linear sketch pattern:
- In an open sketch, click Linear Sketch Pattern. (Sketch toolbar) or Tools > Sketch Tools > Linear Pattern.
- In the PropertyManager, under Entities to Pattern, select the sketch entities to pattern .
- Set values for Direction 1 (X-axis).
- Repeat for Direction 2 (Y-axis).
- Click .
How do you make a Semisphere in SolidWorks?
How to Make a Sphere in SOLIDWORKS
- Select a sketch plane (such as the Front Plane)
- Sketch a semicircle.
- Go to the Features tab on the CommandManager. Select “Revolve Boss/Bass”
- Select the line in the semicircle as the axis of revolution. Specify your revolution amount, then press the green check to generate the sphere.
How do you make a cone in SolidWorks?
- Click Solids > Draw > Cone (or type Cone).
- Set an option for the cone’s base: Center point base: Click in the graphics area to specify a center point or type the 3D coordinates. Click in the graphics area or type a value for radius.
- Set the cone height: Click in the graphics area or type a value. – or –