Why are my movies not showing up in Plex?
Permissions. If no content at all is being found or you’re unable to see particular directories when trying to set up a library, you may be encountering permission issues (which prevent Plex from being allowed to see/access the content).
Why do some movies disappear from Plex?
Items in the Server Trash By default, when your Plex Media Server updates a Library and an item is no longer available at the specified location, the Server will not just remove the item from your library.
How do I get Plex to recognize a movie?
Enable “Local Media Assets”
- Launch the Plex Web App.
- Choose Settings from the top right of the Home screen.
- Select your Plex Media Server from the settings sidebar.
- Choose Agents.
- Choose the Library Type and Agent you want to change.
- Ensure Local Media Assets is checked.
- Ensure Local Media Assets is topmost in the list.
Does Plex not recognize MKV?
Plex Won’t Recognize MKV Files – Possible Reasons Plex TV show naming will be ignored in movie libraries. That’s to say, if you have some TV shows MKV files, they won’t show in Plex library. 3. Poor named MKV movies might have been matched as a different movie.
Can Plex play .MKV files?
Yes. Acoording to the plex.tv, MKV with the following video and audio encoding is natively supported by Plex. This means if your MKV is encoded with the above video and audio codec, it should be able to direct play on Plex.
Where is Plex database stored?
The Plex data directory location is used to store files that are used by the Plex Media Server….Plex data directory location by system.
|Windows||%LOCALAPPDATA%\Plex Media Server|
|MacOS||~/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/|
How do I refresh Plex library?
Force a refresh in Plex
- Go to the main screen where your libraries are listed on the left.
- Select the ‘…’ icon in the top of the left pane.
- Select Refresh All Metadata.
How do I manually add movies to Plex?
Add a movie in Plex
- Click the ‘+’ sign at the Plex home page.
- Select Movies in the Add Library window that pops up.
- Name the library, choose your language then hit Next.
- Navigate to your movie folder then click Add Library.
How do I refresh my Plex library?
Within the library, click on the circular arrow icon in the upper right corner. This will trigger a manual update for that library, and Plex Media Server will rescan the directories assigned to that library. Repeat this process for all other libraries (e.g. Movies and Music) you wish to update.
How do I reset my Plex library?
Restart Plex Media Server Setup from Scratch
- Quit/exit/stop the Plex Media Server to ensure that it is not running.
- Delete the contents of the folder(s) for your operating system as noted below.
- Restart the Plex Media Server.
Is Plex like Netflix?
Like Netflix, Plex goes pretty much anywhere—Windows, Mac, Linux, Web, iOS, Android, Chromecast, Roku, games consoles, smart TVs, NAS boxes and more besides. Some options (like the mobile apps)…
How to fix Plex server not available?
Update the latest Plex version. Bugs in Plex software may restrict server access and you should consider updating the latest version to overcome the problem.
Can you watch live TV on Plex?
Plex channels give you a way to watch live web TV through Plex. A supported DVR tuner and OTA antenna – A list of supported devices can be found here. An updated Plex media server – Make sure you’re running the latest version of Plex. Now that you know what you need, let’s dive into the setup steps.
Is Plex no longer free?
With perfect timing, Plex dropped the ability to stream free — ad-supported — media to their users. The catch was that you had to have an account, but not the paid Plex Pass to access the service. That requirement has been removed with the latest update to the Plex mobile app.