How do I unlock my WD SmartWare drive?
- go to the wd smartware and go to the security and place a password on your my book.
- safely remove it from the computer, and unplug it from your computer.
- plug it back into the computer and place in the password you just made.
- go back into the security and place the password in again and ask it to take of the password.
How do I unlock my WD Unlocker?
You can place a password on your book by going to the security section of the wd smartware. Disconnect it from your computer and remove it safely. You will need to plug it back into the computer and enter the password you just created. You should place the password in again and ask the security to take it.
How can I access a locked hard drive password?
How to Unlock Hard Drive with Password?
- Step 1 Search “Control Panel” to “Bitlocker Drive Encryption”.
- Step 2 Turn on “Bitlocker”.
- Step 3 Enter the password to finish encryption.
- Step 1 Press “Win+R” to arouse “Run” interface.
- Step 3 Choose the locked drive to perform a quick “Format”
What is a WD Unlocker?
What does WD Unlocker do? The WD Unlocker VCD provides the WD Drive Unlock utility that you can use to unlock the drive. Or, you can use either the WD Security or the WD Drive Utilities software to unlock the drive.
Does WD SmartWare still work?
WD SmartWare Pro software is no longer available for purchase. You can download WD Backup Software to back up content to supported WD drives or to a cloud storage service, like Dropbox.
Is Western Digital SmartWare still supported?
Does WD SmartWare work with my book and my Passport drives?
We’ve been shipping our new My Book and My Passport drives with WD SmartWare software for a few months now. During that time we’ve been listening to our customers.
How to erase drive in WD SmartWare?
Well, if you have the WD SmartWare already installed you are in luck as there is Erase function built onto WD SmartWare software. There are 2 ways. #2 or #3. 2a. Click to Settings Tab on 4th right. 2b. Click to Set Up Drive 2c. Click Erase Drive and follow the instruction. 3a. Plug in the drive and you will be prompted to type in password. 3b.
Can I update the software on my WD SmartWare product?
You’ll find detailed instructions below. Update the software. This update is only for products that originally shipped with WD SmartWare and will not function on previous generations of products. This update does not work on My Book for Mac, My Passport for Mac or My Book Studio.
Is there a way to get the password from WD?
I don’t think there is a way to get password from WD. You can use Hint option. If this happens, you can only get drive storage back (not data) by erasing the drive option. I also forgot my password, and I’d like to erase my drive and start again from scratch. How do I go about doing this? 1.