What parts of the world are most affected by cross border crime?
Preface. Central America and the Caribbean, particularly countries in the Northern Triangle, face extreme violence inflamed by transnational organized crime and drug trafficking. According to UNODC’s own studies, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras now have some of the highest homicide rates in the world.
What is cross border smuggling?
This may include for instance smuggling of stolen vehicles, drugs, firearms, tobacco products, mineral oils and alcohol (excise goods) or trafficking of hazardous materials. It could also concern the environmental crime such as waste or wildlife trafficking.
What is the largest transnational crime committed in the world?
Different forms of transnational organized crime
- Drug trafficking continues to be the most lucrative form of business for criminals, with an estimated annual value of $320 billion. [
- Human trafficking is a global crime in which men, women and children are used as products for sexual or labour-based exploitation.
What is the biggest international crime?
Here are the top five most profitable rackets for the world’s transnational crime outfits:
- Counterfeit products and pirating.
- Drug Trafficking.
- Human trafficking and forced labor.
- Illegal logging.
- Fuel theft.
How do you deal with transnational crimes?
- Start at Home: Taking Shared Responsibility for Transnational Organized Crime.
- Enhance Intelligence and Information Sharing.
- Protect the Financial System and Strategic Markets against Transnational Organized Crime.
- Strengthen Interdiction, Investigations, and Prosecutions.
What are human smugglers called?
“Coyotes” is the name for smugglers who facilitate the migration of people across the Mexico–United States, and Bolivia–Chile borders. Another term used for minors who smuggle people across the Mexico–United States border is “polleros”.
What are cattle smugglers?
Cattle smuggling in India is the movement of cattle for slaughter and processing from the states of India where cattle slaughter is illegal to those states where it is legal as well as to neighboring countries such as Bangladesh.