Do titles count in extended essay word count?
Technically, anything between the abstract and the references count. That being said, headings are not that many words, and would be easy to edit to make it work.
How do you start an extended essay?
Your EE needs a clear introduction (which should be one to two double-spaced pages), research question/focus (i.e., what you’re investigating), a body, and a conclusion (about one double-spaced page). An essay with unclear organization will be graded poorly. The body of your EE should make up the bulk of the essay.
Is the extended essay double spaced?
Font and spacing Use a readable 12-point font and double spacing. You will be helping your examiners read and assess your essay on-screen.
How do you write an IB extended essay?
Extended Essay: Step 10. Plan a structure for your essay
- Researcher’s Reflection Space (RRS)
- Identify Keywords. Do Background Reading.
- Draft a Research Question.
- Create a Timeline.
- Create an Annotated Bibliography. Advice (and Warnings) from the IB.
- Set Deadlines for Yourself.
- Plan a structure for your essay.
Do titles count in word counts?
The word count usually refers to the information provided in the body of the text. Accordingly, the title page and references may not be included, but it’s a safe assumption to include your in-text citations in your word count since the citations provide critical information within the text.
How do you format an extended essay?
Format of the Extended Essay
- 12-point, readable font (Calibri or Times New Roman);
- double spacing throughout entire Essay;
- page numbering – top right corner;
- no candidate or school name or supervisor name on the title page or page headers.
How is the IB extended essay graded?
All extended essays are externally assessed by examiners appointed by the IB. They are marked on a scale from 0 to 34. The score a student receives relates to a band.
What are the easiest IB subjects?
Which Courses Should You Take for the EASIEST IB Diploma?
- Group 1: Studies in Language and Literature. English A Language & Literature SL – Average Score: 5.09.
- Group 2: Language Acquisition. Spanish B HL – Average Score: 5.32.
- Group 3: Individuals and Societies. Economics HL – Average Score: 5.09.