How do I check my port status on my Brocade switch?
From the Main Menu, select:
- Status and Counters.
- Port Status.
How do I enable ports on my Brocade switch?
To enable a port:
- Connect to the switch and log in as admin as described in Connect to the Command Line Interface.
- Issue the portenable portnumber command, where portnumber is the number of the port you want to enable.
How do I check the syslog on my Brocade switch?
Configuring syslog for Brocade Fabric OS appliances
- Log in to your appliance as an admin user.
- To configure an address to forward syslog events, type the following command: syslogdipadd < IP address >
- To verify the address, type the following command: syslogdipshow.
How can I check port status?
Press the Windows key + R, then type “cmd.exe” and click OK. Enter “telnet + IP address or hostname + port number” (e.g., telnet www.example.com 1723 or telnet 10.17. xxx. xxx 5000) to run the telnet command in Command Prompt and test the TCP port status.
How do I reset my Brocade port?
Resetting the Brocade FC switch to factory defaults
- Log in to the switch as an administrator.
- Disable the Brocade Virtual Fabrics (VF) feature:
- Disconnect the ISL cables from the ports on the switch.
- Disable the switch:
- Disable the configuration:
- Clear the configuration:
- Save the configuration:
How do I clear port stats from Brocade?
We will look at how to clear individual ports stats and clear all the stats from the brocade switch. To view the current stats and errors for a port use the following command: porterrshow. The following commands will allow us to clear these stats to see if any error counters are increasing.
What information is given from a porterrshow output on a brocade switch?
What is the information given from a portErrShow output on a Brocade switch? Errors in porterrshow are cumulative since the last time errors were cleared. For proper analysis, the stats for the ports should be cleared ( portstatsclear or statsclear) and the switch should be run for some time to see what errors are currently accumulating, if any.
Why is Brocade Network Advisor not connecting to IBM Spectrum Control?
This occurs during the fabric probe when it has otherwise been collecting the fcports and other entries for the switches. Any other network connectivity issues between Brocade Network Advisor and IBM Spectrum Control should be ruled out.
How do I know if Brocade Network Advisor is listening?
If you can connect to the host but not to the port to see if it is listening, check the Bind Network Address in the SMIA Configuration Tool for Network Advisor. If a host name is specified there, change it to a numeric IP address and restart the Brocade Network Advisor services.