How do you decorate an old fireplace mantel?
- Add an antiqued mirror to your mantel. Antiqued or distressed mirrors are a popular addition to fireplace mantels.
- Create more functionality with a large clock.
- Candelabras are a perfect addition to your vintage mantel decor.
- Add some books to your mantel.
- Adorn the space with plants.
- Go old-school with a large painting.
What can I do with an old fireplace surround?
But if your mantel is looking a little tired there are lots of budget-friendly, practical tips to give it a makeover.
- Start by giving it a good clean.
- Brush it up with paint.
- Embrace the materials.
- Whitewash it.
- Tile in style.
- Fit a floating beam.
- Replace the mantelpiece.
- Try a faux fire.
How do you use an old mantel?
3 Creative Ways to Repurpose an Old Mantel
- Use it as a frame. If you’re looking for a way to add pizzas to that area surrounding your mounted TV on the wall, you can frame that area with an old mantel.
- Use it as a headboard.
- Use it as a furniture piece.
What can be used for a fireplace mantel?
Wood is the most commonly used material for fireplace mantles. It’s versatile and comes in a variety of species.
How to accessorize a mantel?
Keep the clock where it is,it’s awesome
How to decorate a mantel like a pro?
Balancing act. The number one rule in designing a mantelpiece is to find balance within the objects you choose.
How to decorate a mantel for everyday?
How to decorate a mantel with a holiday Garland?
Garland. I’ve always loved the look of a full garland draped along the mantel,so I was so happy last year to have our very own fireplace mantel to decorate