How do you make a solar print?
Place the objects on a piece of paper and then place the paper in sunlight for 1-2 minutes. The solar printing is finished when the exposed areas of the paper turn white. (The area under your objects should still be blue, since the sun didn’t hit there.) Take the paper out of the sunlight and remove the objects.
How does UV sensitive paper work?
WHAT IS HAPPENING? The sun print paper is coated with a photo-sensitive chemical which reacts in light. The photo-sensitive paper turns pale blue when exposed to light. Water stops the chemical process and fixes the shadows of the objects on the sun print paper.
How long does a sun print take?
Take everything outside and let the sun work it’s magic from 2-5 minutes, depending on the strength of the rays. The areas of the paper exposed to the sun will fade from blue to white. When you see most of the color disappear from the paper, your print has been fully exposed.
How do you use solar photo paper?
- Place your Sun Sensitive Paper, blue side up, in the shallow tub or pin the corners to a piece of cardboard for stability.
- Place the objects you wish to “print” on top of the paper.
- Expose the paper to the sun for 2-4 minutes, until the Sun Sensitive Paper turns very pale blue.
Can you make sun prints with construction paper?
You can make an easy Sun print without any expensive materials. You just need construction paper and a sunny day.
How do you print on construction paper?
How to Print on Construction Paper
- Place the construction paper into an inkjet printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to print the image or design onto the construction paper.
- Remove the construction paper from the printer and allow the ink to dry for several minutes before using.
How do you make sun sensitive paper?
- Collect a selection of leaves and flowers.
- Arrange your plants on the construction paper according to your artistic tastes.
- Use thin strips of tape to secure your plants on the paper.
- Tape your paper onto a window, with the plants facing outwards.
- Leave the paper in the Sun for a few hours.
Will sun prints work on a cloudy day?
Water stops the process and fixes your images on the paper. To do this activity, you ideally need a bright sunny day, with not too much cloud cover. (You can still make the prints with cloud but you will need to leave them in the sunlight for much longer.)
What is the normal thickness of paper?
Although as I have already mentioned there are various types of paper, the average thickness of a regular copy paper ranges from 0.05 to 0.10 millimeters. It’s obviously much thinner than the old fashioned papyrus and way more lighter than clay.