Why does my Mac not make a Sound when I turn it on?
With macOS Big Sur 11 or later, you can control whether your Mac plays this sound at startup. Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, then click Sound. In the Sound Effects pane, use the “Play sound on startup” setting to turn the startup sound on or off.
How do I turn on my Mac without startup Sound?
Click the Apple button from the left side of the Mac menu bar and choose the “System Preferences” option.
- Here, click on the “Sound” button.
- Now, from the “Sound Effects” section, select the checkmark next to the “Play Sound on Startup” option to enable or disable the feature.
How do I get my Mac to chime?
How to Enable the Classic Startup Chime on Newer Macs
- Launch the Terminal app, which can be found in the Applications/Utilities folder.
- Input the following command and then press Return: sudo nvram StartupMute=%00.
- Enter your admin user password when prompted.
- Close Terminal, then restart your Mac.
How do you get to the Startup Manager on a Mac?
How to start the Startup Manager
- Start or restart your Mac and immediately press and hold the option key on your keyboard.
- Release the option key when you see the Startup Manager window.
- Select a startup disk.
- Click the arrow or press return on your keyboard.
How do I unmute my Mac computer?
Unmute your Mac device
- Go to System Preferences click Sound. Input.
- Make sure that the microphone is on.
- Raise the volume with the volume slider.
How to enable or disable startup sound on a Mac?
You can enable or disable the startup sound for your Mac quite easily from the System Preferences menu. Click the Apple button from the left side of the Mac menu bar and choose the “System Preferences” option. Here, click on the “Sound” button.
Did Apple bring back the Mac startup sound?
Apple brought back the Mac startup sound, but it sounds… different? Today, we’ll take a listen, and show you how to re-enable the sound on your Mac! Check be…
Do new Macs have boot chime sound effect?
As you may know, new Macs default to not making a startup boot chime sound effect, this is in contrast to every prior Mac model which included a boot sound effect. With a little effort, you can enable the boot startup sound effect on modern Macs however, including newer model MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, MacBook, iMac, Mac mini, and Mac Pro.
What happened to the classic boot sound on Macs?
The classic boot sound has been a part of the Mac experience since the original Macintosh and even many other Apple products, it was removed from modern Macs for no obvious reason or stated purpose, much to the dismay of many longtime Mac users and fans who have since wondered where the startup sound went on their new hardware.