How do I start an RFS process in standby database?
8.1. 1 Starting Up a Physical Standby Database
- Start and mount the physical standby database: SQL> STARTUP MOUNT;
- Start Redo Apply or real-time apply: To start Redo Apply, issue the following statement: SQL> ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE 2> DISCONNECT FROM SESSION;
What is RFS process in dataguard?
RFS Process: Process is responsible to archive log transfer. When the log switch occurs at the Primary database, LNS process of primary database captures redo and sent it to Standby using Oracle Net.
How do I know if real time apply is enabled on standby database?
For logical standby databases, issue the statement, ALTER DATABASE START LOGICAL STANDBY APPLY IMMEDIATE; To determine if real time apply is enabled, you can query the recovery_mode column in the v$archive_dest_status view. It will display MANAGED REAL TIME APPLY when real time apply is enabled.
How do you stop and start MRP process in standby database?
To shut down a physical standby database and stop Redo Apply, use the SQL*Plus SHUTDOWN statement. Control is not returned to the session that initiates a database shutdown until shutdown is complete.
How do I check my production database and standby database sync?
How to Check Whether Physical Standby is in Sync with the Primary or Not and resolved gap?
- Check the name and status of database.
- Check for GAP on standby.
- Check redo received on standby.
- Check redo applied on standby.
- Identify missing archive log files.
- Copy archive log files.
- Register archive log files with standby.
How do I start a standby database in read only with apply in RAC?
To open a standby database for read-only access when it is currently performing managed recovery:
- Cancel log apply services: SQL> ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE CANCEL;
- Open the database for read-only access: SQL> ALTER DATABASE OPEN READ ONLY;
How do I sync my Primaryby database with standby 12c?
Sync the Physical Standby Using RECOVER FROM SERVICE in Oracle 12c
- Create standby control file from PROD and move to standby.
- Note down the SCN number of Secondary DB and start the RMAN backup from that SCN on Primary.
- Copy the backup to Standby.
- Mount the standby DB with new standby control file created.
How do I resolve an archive gap in standby database?
1. Resolve Huge GAP between Primary and Standby 2. Resolve GAP when archivelogs Missing/corrupted.
- Verify GAP.
- Stop Redo Transfer (On Primary)
- Find current SCN from Standby.
- Take RMAN Incremental from SCN (On Primary)
- Create Standby Control file.
- Transfer Backup to standby.
- List Control file location on standby.
How do I start a standby database?
8.1. 1 Starting Up a Physical Standby Database
- Start the database: SQL> STARTUP NOMOUNT;
- Mount the standby database: SQL> ALTER DATABASE MOUNT STANDBY DATABASE;
- Start the managed recovery operation: SQL> ALTER DATABASE RECOVER MANAGED STANDBY DATABASE 2> DISCONNECT FROM SESSION;
What is RFS in standby database?
The logical standby database uses the following processes: Remote file server (RFS) The remote file server process receives redo data from the primary database. The RFS process communicates with the logical standby process (LSP) to coordinate and record which files arrived.
What are standby redo logs used for?
Standby redo logs are used to store data received from another database or the primary data source. Standby redo logs are present at the destination database end.
How do I open a standby database in read only?
Why are all standby redo log files active on the standby database?
Cause 6: All standby redo log files are active on the standby database. Solution 6: Please make sure you have enough space in the archive location. log_archive_dest_1 is defined with proper valid_for values and db_unique_name. standby_archive_dest is specified properly. Cause 7 : Partial archive log file is applied on the standby database.
How do I troubleshoot the standby database?
Shutdown the physical standby database. 2. Determine the current sequence on the primary database. 3. Perform at least three log switches on the primary database. 4. Verify that the logs did not get transferred to the standby archive dest. 5. Start the standby database. 6.
How do I stop RFS from running on a primary server?
Try defer/enable the archive destinations on the primary to “reset” things. TO avoid in future, have log_archive_processes set slightly higher so that if one gets hung, others will still take up the load 3) sqlnet config issue, so RFS cannot connect to the service specified.
What is a RFS process trace file?
The Remote File Server (RFS) process writes the redo data to standby redo log files on the standby database. Generating a RFS process trace file may be necessary, for example to diagnose high disk I-O at the standby database ( ).