Do Dodge Chargers have electrical problems?
Another common problem, especially with the 2008 model of the Dodge Charger, has to do with the electrical system. There is a range of different problems, including malfunctions with the dash and internal accessories.
What are the common problems for a 2009 Dodge Charger?
Top 2009 Dodge Charger Problems
- PCM/TCM Software Updates Will Address Shifting Problems.
- Transmission Shift Quality Issues.
- Cable Failure in Window Regulator or Motor May Cause Power Windows to Become Inoperative.
- Check Engine Light Due to Failed Thermostat.
- Software Updates Will Solve Electrical/Lighting Problems.
What are the most common problems with a Dodge Charger?
Most Common Problems of the Dodge Charger
- Transmission Shudders During Gear Shifts.
- Power Windows Stop Working.
- Opera Lighting Ceased Functioning.
- Check Engine Light for Bad Thermostat.
- Difficult to Fill Up with Gas.
- Cruise Control Will Not Shut Off.
- Sudden Loss of Power on AWD Vehicles.
- Fuel Leaks on SRT.
Are there any recalls on a 2009 Dodge Charger?
CHRYSLER IS RECALLING 20,283 MY 2006-2009 CHARGER AND MAGNUM VEHICLES BUILT WITH THE POLICE PACKAGE EQUIPPED WITH COLUMN SHIFTER. THE GEARSHIFT CABLE MAY BECOME DISENGAGED FROM THE STEERING COLUMN MOUNTING BRACKET AND CAUSE AN INCORRECT TRANSMISSION GEARSHIFT POSITION DISPLAY.
Where is the ECM on a 2006 Dodge Charger?
Dodge Charger – A Dodge Charger’s PCM is located in engine compartment on the passenger side. You’ll find it close to the windshield by the factory strut tower brace.
How long does a 2009 Dodge Charger last?
The Dodge Charger can last up to 250,000 to 300,000 miles with proper maintenance and care. If you average 15,000 miles per year like the regular American driver, you can get up to 13 to 20 years of service from the Charger.
Is it worth it to buy a Dodge Charger?
Yes, the Dodge Charger is a good car. Its powerful engine offerings make it unlike anything else in the sparsely populated large car class. Ride and handling are decent as well. This sedan has roomy and comfortable seating, a spacious trunk, and user-friendly infotainment features.
How reliable are Dodge Chargers?
Is the Dodge Charger Reliable? The 2022 Dodge Charger has a predicted reliability score of 89 out of 100. A J.D. Power predicted reliability score of 91-100 is considered the Best, 81-90 is Great, 70-80 is Average, and 0-69 is Fair and considered below average.