How do you use synthesize in a sentence?
Synthesis of sentences
- Synthesis means the combination of a number of simple sentences into one new sentence – simple, compound or complex.
- By using a participle.
- He sprang up to his feet.
- She was tired of trying.
- By using a noun or a phrase in apposition.
- By using a preposition with a noun or gerund.
- Her husband died.
- He has failed many times.
How do you write a synthesis thesis?
With these five simple steps, writing a surprisingly good synthesis essay is surprisingly easy.
- Step 1: Read your sources.
- Step 2: Decide what your position is.
- Step 3: Write an awesome thesis statement.
- Step 4: Draft a killer outline.
- Step 5: Use your sources wisely.
- Step 6: Get to writing.
How do you write a good synthesis essay?
Tips for an effective synthesis essay: Establish your purpose to shape the way you want to argue and form your thesis. The thesis is the main claim or idea of your essay. Select your sources and become familiar with them so that you can discuss them in relationship to your thesis and supporting argument(s).
How long is too long of a sentence?
So here’s the rule: your sentences should usually be about from 20 to 30 words long. If your style is breezy, 15 words would be good. Sentences with 50 or more words should be avoided if possible. Throw in a shorter sentence now and then that refocuses, summarizes, surprises.
How do you start a synthesis paragraph?
4 Steps to synthesize information from different sources
- Organize your sources.
- Outline your structure.
- Write paragraphs with topic sentences.
- Revise, edit and proofread.
How long is a short sentence?
A short sentence is not under 7 words or under 20 syllables. You recognize a short sentence when you see one. And the short sentence is also defined by its surroundings: a sentence might not be short when surrounded by ten-word sentences, but when surrounded by 100-word sentences, it seems like a dwarf.
How do you write a short concise sentence?
- Eliminate unnecessary phrases and redundancies.
- Use clear and straightforward language.
- Write in active voice.
- Shorten wordy phrases.
- Avoid starting sentences with “there is”, “there are”, or “it is”.
- Eliminate extra nouns.
- Eliminate filler words such as “that”, “of”, or “up”.
What do short sentences show?
To sum up, we may say that short sentences are usually used to show sudden events, summarize main ideas, or grab the attention of the reader to the detail. On the other hand, long sentences may have good effect when we develop the tension, provide lively descriptions or thorough investigation.
How do you make a clear sentence?
10 Tips for Writing Clear, Concise Sentences
- Be Clear About Your Meaning. Our first tip asks you to choose the word that most accurately expresses your meaning.
- Eliminate Unnecessary Words and Phrases.
- Use the Active Voice.
- Get Rid of “That”
- Avoid Starting with “There Is”
- Reduce Unneeded Repetition.
- Question the Use of “Really”
- Move Away from Negatives.
How do you make a good sentence?
6 Tips for Writing Good Sentences
- Keep it simple. Long sentences or overly complex sentences don’t necessarily make sophisticated sentence writing.
- Use concrete rhetoric.
- Employ parallelism.
- Mind your grammar.
- Properly punctuate.
- Practice writing.
Is hi a full sentence?
Yes it is a full sentence. “Hello” is an interjection (like an exclamation, but it might or might not have an exclamation point.) Other examples of this form are “Good morning.” “Good night”. “Thanks.” “Yes.” “No.” “Hey!” “Damn!” “Ouch!” “Voila!”
What should a synthesis essay have?
A synthesis essay has an introduction, body, and conclusion. However, each of these parts is written in a distinct way: The introduction provides an overview of the topic, thesis, and sources, with some background information for the texts to be summarized.
How do you teach synthesis in a sentence?
Synthesis of Sentences English Grammar and Speaking
- By using a Participle.
- By using a Noun or a Phrase in apposition.
- By using a Preposition with Noun or Gerund.
- By using, Nominative Absolute Construction.
- By using an Infinitive.
- By using an Adverb or an Adverbial Phrase.
What is the longest sentence ever written?
Molly Bloom’s soliloquy in the James Joyce novel Ulysses (1922) contains a sentence of 3,687 words.