How many paragraphs should the Leq answer have?
Table of Contents
Continue with 1-2 pieces of evidence and more explanation until you have completed the argument of your topic sentence. Then start a new paragraph with a new topic sentence. Each body paragraph will follow this general format, and there is no set number of paragraphs for the LEQ (minimum or maximum.)
How do you get complex understanding points?
-To get this point you must explain why or how the document’s POV, purpose, historical situation, or audience is relevant to the argument in the prompt. -This is NOT just restating the sourcing, you MUST explain how or why it matters.
How do you write a long essay?
How to Write a Long Essay
- Pick a Topic.
- Start Your Research. This part could take anywhere from hours to days.
- Write a Thesis. A thesis statement shapes the entirety of your essay.
- Finish Your Research.
- Make an Outline.
- Proofread and Edit.
How do you write an AP leq?
1) Topic Sentence which clearly states the focus of the paragraph. 2) Evidence – two pieces of specific evidence to support the topic sentence. 3) Analysis – following each piece of evidence there must be an explanation of “why” each piece of evidence is significant and related to the argument.
How do you write an AP History essay?
How to Approach the AP U.S. History Long Essay Question
- Thesis: Make a thesis or claim that responds to the prompt.
- Context: Provide context relevant to the prompt by describing a broader historical development or process.
- Evidence: Use specific and relevant examples as evidence to support an argument in response to the prompt.
How do you end a leq?
Pull together the topic sentences of each paragraph (remind me how you proved your point using your categories). This doesn’t have to be long or fancy. DON’T EVER SAY “In conclusion,…” Just conclude.