What are some good words to start a conclusion paragraph?
|LOGICAL RELATIONSHIP||TRANSITIONAL EXPRESSION|
|Conclusion/Summary||finally, in a word, in brief, briefly, in conclusion, in the end, in the final analysis, on the whole, thus, to conclude, to summarize, in sum, to sum up, in summary|
What is a quote?
What is a basic definition of quote? Quote means to repeat the exact words of a speaker or an author. A quote is also a passage or statement repeated in this way. To quote something or someone is to repeat the exact words they said or to recite the exact words written in a book.
Can you end a body paragraph with a quote?
Never allow the quotation to do your work for you. Hence it is a good idea to avoid ending a paragraph with a quotation. But if your analysis is lengthy, you may want to break it into several paragraphs, beginning afresh after the quotation.
Why does the comma go inside the quotation marks?
The point of conventions is that they provide common tools for understanding, so if you are preparing material in a British context, follow British rules. But if you are preparing a paper for a class or for publication in the United States, place periods and commas inside quotation marks.
How do you quote one word in a sentence?
If you are writing by hand or using a typewriter, you can use quotation marks for emphasis to separate a certain word from the rest of the sentence—for example, when you are writing about words as words: “They’re,” “their,” and “there” are easily confused because they’re homophones.
Is it bad to end a paragraph with a citation?
If you are paraphrasing from one source throughout a paragraph, don’t worry about putting a citation after every sentence. Putting a citation at the end of the paragraph is fine (there should be at least one citation at the end of each paragraph if the material is paraphrased).
How do you write an introductory paragraph?
- Attract the Reader’s Attention. Begin your introduction with a “hook” that grabs your reader’s attention and introduces the general topic.
- State Your Focused Topic. After your “hook”, write a sentence or two about the specific focus of your paper.
- State your Thesis. Finally, include your thesis statement.
How do you use commas with quotation marks?
Proper Punctuation – Quotes
- If you start by telling who said it, use a comma and then the first quotation mark.
- If you put the quote first and then tell who said it, use a comma at the end of the sentence, and then the second quotation mark.
- Punctuation always goes inside the quotation marks if it is a direct quote.