Where is the config file for CS:GO?
How do I get to my CSGO config files?
- Open Steam, right-click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and click “Manage”
- Click on “BROWSE LOCAL FILES”
- In the new window explorer folder, open “csgo” and then the “cfg” folder.
How do I import a CS:GO config?
Steam>userdata> “steamID3” (1)>730>local>cfg
- Open the Steam folder.
- Open the userdata folder.
- You will see multiple folders with numbers. Click on the folder with a number that matches your steamID 3 number.
- Click on 730 (this is the game code for CS:GO)
- Click on local.
- Right-click and copy the CFG folder.
How do I fix CS:GO lag?
Do these in the following order:
- Verify the Integrity of Game Cache Files. If your game files are corrupted, it will most definitely cause the game to lag.
- Upgrade Graphic Card Drivers.
- Lower In-Game Graphics Settings.
- Adjust Game Launch Options.
- Restart Router.
- Check Internet Connection.
- Limit Other Users.
- Use LAN Cable.
How do I get FPS on CS:GO?
How to Show FPS in CS:GO
- Open Steam Application.
- Click in the upper menu Steam -> Settings.
- In the opened window, choose the In-Game tab (in the left menu).
- Look for In-game FPS counter Steam and set its position on the screen (top-bottom, left-right);
- To see the FPS indicator clearly, mark High contrast color.
What is a CSGO config file?
You have to enter them again the next time. For this the CS:GO config file allows to save commands permanently. Configs are also called autoexec files or cfg files. It is a file that automatically executes configs that you have saved into it. All of the commands are saved in the config which is located in the CS:GO steam folder as a text file.
How do I find and access my custom CSGO configurations?
To find and access your custom CSGO configurations, here is the process step by step for either location. For the master config file location. Open Steam, right-click on Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, and click “Manage”. Click on “BROWSE LOCAL FILES”. In the new window explorer folder, open “csgo” and then the “cfg” folder.
What is CSGO autoexec config file used for?
The main reasons to use CS:GO autoexec config files is to save the configuration into a file without using the commands every single time when playing, which would be super annoying. Another reason is, to get a generated text file that can be easily copied, shared, uploaded, and downloaded.
Why can’t I Find my CSGO folder on my computer?
If you don’t have a Steam folder in C:\\Program Files, or there is no Counter-Strike Global Offensive folder in common, chances are you have moved your Steam library or CS:GO installation to a different folder or hard drive.